By Sofia Gallo @in_cucinacon_sofia
Prep Time: 15 min
Rest Time: 4 hours or overnight
Ingredients for 4 panna cottas of approx. 110 g each or two large ones
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 300ml double cream
- 50g mascarpone cream - alternative milk
- 50 ml blood orange juice
- 40 gr icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- zest of one orange
For the caramelised orange segments
- Segments of one orange
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water or orange juice
- In a bowl place your icing sugar, orange zest and juice and combine fully. Set on one side.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until bloomed.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream, mascarpone and vanilla paste to a simmer. Add the sugar mixture and dissolve completely.
- Once the mixture has just boiled, set aside to cool slightly.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the gelatine and stir into the warm mixture until fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into your chosen container and let this set for about 4 hours for a soft set, or overnight for a more ferme consistency.
- Before serving, prepare your syrup. in a small frying pan, add the caster sugar with the water or orange juice and let this dissolve. Bring to a syrup consistency and add your segments turning them until fully coated.
- Serve the panna cotta in their container if using a glass and top with the orange syrup, or upside down and dressed with the orange syrup.
Tip: You could flavour the syrup with a sweet or orange liqueur.