How to make rosemary garlic-infused oil
by Sandhya Hariharan @sandhyaskitchen
Rosemary Garlic Infused Oil is versatile. I love to use the infused oil in various recipes, beyond marinades and salad dressings too. Add it pasta dishes, soups, roast vegetables, mashed potatoes as well as dip a crusty bread.
My family loves to drizzle the infused oil on avocado toast topped with grated egg too!
Until a few years back, I used to buy infused oil from my local stores at a premium price. Not anymore! Making them at home is super easy, flavoursome, and cost saving.
To make your own rosemary garlic infused oil, the most essential thing is to use fresh garlic cloves, fresh rosemary, and good quality extra virgin olive oil.
They make fantastic edible gifts too.
Prep time - 2 minutes
Cook time - 25 minutes
Ingredients for rosemary Infused oil:
2 Cups Olive Oil
4 Sprigs Rosemary + more
12 Cloves Garlic
- Heat Olive Oil in a small saucepan on low heat, with 3 Sprigs of rosemary and 6 garlic cloves.
- Allow the Olive oil to simmer for 20 -25 minutes, until the garlic cloves are golden brown.
- Turn off the flame. Remove from heat and allow the olive oil to cool with garlic and rosemary for another 30 minutes.
- Fish out the garlic, rosemary and transfer the oil to the Cole & Mason Haverhill Oil & Vinegar Pourer
- If you like, place a fresh rosemary sprig in the bottle, before placing the nozzle.
Store the rosemary garlic infused oil in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.