By Sandhya Hariharan @sandhyaskitchen
This Air fryer Sausage and Root Vegetables Tray Bake is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. This one-pan meal or one basket meal can be prepared in a matter of minutes, and it is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables and protein.
The air fryer does a fantastic job of roasting the sausages and root vegetables perfectly, giving them a crispy texture and infusing them with flavour. Additionally, using the air fryer is cheaper and faster than using the oven.
If you are using a larger air fryer, use a tray that fits into it for this recipe. Otherwise, add the ingredients to the basket directly.
This recipe is versatile, and you can customise it to suit your preferences. You can mix and match the root vegetables based on what you have on hand, and you can also add your favourite herbs, such as thyme or rosemary, for added flavour.
- 6 sausages
- 400g Chantenay carrots, cut the top and tail
- 200g parsnips, cut into batons
- 250g mini potatoes, halved
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 sage leaves
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C.
- In the meantime, toss the carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onion with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage leaves.
- Transfer the vegetables to the air fryer basket. Place the sausages on top and cook for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the maple mustard glaze by mixing together lemon juice, maple syrup, and mustard.
- Brush the root vegetables and sausages with the maple mustard glaze, sprinkle sesame seeds, and cook at 200C for another 10-13 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.