How to Create the Perfect Festive Table Setting
The ritual of table setting goes back through generations and Christmas is the perfect occasion to adorn your table in its finest; a place for decadence and all your most creative ideas, tablescapes are needed to suit every gathering at Christmas time, from dinner parties to the main event on Christmas Day.
It’s all in the detail….
At the heart of all Christmas tables are the personalised touches that make every celebration totally unique. From home baked treats to table styling, following a few simple steps will give you a celebration table for any sized occasion:
- Create a focal point – from florals to feasting, creating a focal point gives your table focus and interest. For feasting tables, create a display through the centre of the table with sliced wood, serving platters or your favourite dishes and serveware. Or, if a floral arrangement is your focal point, embrace your taste and create a seasonal centrepiece full of scented greenery and berries.
- Personalised place settings are the perfect answer to delight your guests. Simple homemade treats can enhance a place setting as well as name tags or any little edible treat to eat as you sit down!
- A table drenched in candlelight is magical in its own right. Perfect for daytime or evening celebrations, candlelight enhances the specialty of any table and only amplifies as soon as evening falls.
- Finishing your table with special touches and cherished items completes any table. Family heirlooms, trinkets, baubles, dried fruits, scent, cutlery, chocolates…. the options are endless, it’s the perfect time to embrace your creative side!
Make it your own…
- Making your own centrepiece is a perfect activity to enjoy making with friends. Attend a workshop to create a wreath or garland, and use it to dress your mantle, staircase, or door, and move it to the table when needed for decoration - a money saving decoration that can be used all over your home as and when you need it!
- Prepare in advance; take an evening to enjoy writing place settings and collect the items you want to include. If you’re making a cake, prepare it well in advance to reduce time pressure the closer you get to the big day!