March 28, 2022
Gluten Free Apple & Rhubarb Crumble
Our guest blogger and Katrina Lander @fitnessfodmap_ guest edits this blog post for Cole & Mason UK.
If you love a fruity dessert, this recipe is a definite! It’s super easy to make and a great way to use seasonal rhubarb to make a scrummy pudding.
Kitchen tools needed: Mixing bowl, ovenproof baking dish
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 300g Apples, cored, peeled, and cut into chunks (I used Bramley)
- 400g Rhubarb cut into chunks
- 75g Light soft brown sugar
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon - Cole & Mason Saunderton Spice Storage Shaker
- 100g Unsalted butter, diced
- 200g Gluten free plain flour
- 75g Caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the apples, rhubarb, sugar, and cinnamon together in an ovenproof dish and roast for 10 mins.
- Rub the butter and flour with your fingertips to create a chunky breadcrumb textured mixture. Stir through the sugar. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit, ensuring it’s all covered. Bake in the oven for a further 30-35 minutes or until the top has a nice golden colour and the fruit juice is bubbling around the edges. Serve by itself, or with cream.
- To make the crumble extra golden and crunchy, finish under the grill for a few minutes.