By Katrina Lander.
This pomegranate and feta salad recipe is one of my favourite salads for the warmer months. It’s super refreshing, easy and quick to make, and uses minimal ingredients.
My favourite way to serve my salad is using the Large Cole & Mason Barkway Acacia Wooden Chopping Board, it creates a beautiful centrepiece with minimal effort.
Prep: 10 mins
Serves 3-4 as a side dish
- 30g Pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g Wild rocket
- 50g Lamb’s lettuce
- 75 Pomegranate
- 40g Feta
- Start by placing the pine nuts into a dry frying pan, ensuring they are arranged in a single layer. Dry pan fry on a medium/low heat until the pine nuts are toasted and fragrant, stir occasionally. Remove from the pan and leave to the side to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar, stir well.
- In a large mixing/salad bowl mix the wild rocket, lamb’s lettuce, pomegranate, and pine nuts. Pour the dressing over your salad and stir well.
- Arrange the salad onto your acacia wooden chopping board, lastly break up the feta with your hands and crumble all over.
- Keep an eye on the pine nuts when pan frying, as they can quickly change from golden to burnt.
- My recipe is super versatile, if you don’t have feta, grilled halloumi would be a great swap. Fresh mint also works well with the ingredients.