By Tom Mitchell-Dawson
My Valentines Night In Cosy Kebabs with sesame yoghurt and spicy tomato relish is perfect to make if you want to impress your Valentine. Kebabs aren’t just the food of late boozy nights, they are also great for cosy evenings at home with someone special. These ones are lightly spiced and paired with a smooth sesame yoghurt and sweet spicy relish for the perfect balance of flavours. Valentine's day is the perfect occasion for our elegant and compact red gloss Hoxton mills that will look great on your table.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 fat close of garlic, minced
- Half small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinch fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- A few mints leaves, chopped
For the relish
- 300 grams tomatoes
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 30g dark brown sugar
- 1 lemon Yoghurt
- 3tbsp thick yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- The juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of sumac
- Begin by adding the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds to a pan and lightly toasting for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Tip into a pestle and mortar and grind to a powder.
- Next add the lamb mince to a big bowl along with the spices, garlic, ginger, onion and herbs. Season with salt and pepper from your Cole and Mason Hoxton Mills then, with your hand, mix everything together until thoroughly combined. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- To make the relish, thinly slice the garlic and chilli and sweat down with a little olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes, sugar, the juice of one lemon and bring to a boil. Cook for ten minutes until thickened and slightly syrupy. Season with salt then transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
- For the sesame yoghurt, mix together the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and a good crack of salt. When you are ready to cook the lamb, take your metal skewers and form an even sausage of meat around the skewer. You should be able to get 6 medium sized kebabs from this amount of meat. If you are using wooden skewers these need to be soaked beforehand.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill the kebabs for a couple of minutes each side until cooked through but still juicy.
- To plate, spread some yoghurt on a plate with a spoonful of relish and your kebabs. Finish with a simple parsley salad and some grilled flatbreads.
Forget stressing over complicated recipes this Valentine’s day and allow these kebabs to save the day.