Our guest blogger and Katrina Lander @fitnessfodmap_ guest edits this blog post for Cole & Mason UK.
Salads definitely don’t have to be boring! My broad bean, mint and feta salad is refreshing, flavoursome and super easy to make, it also uses minimal ingredients and is ready in no time at all.
The salad works well paired with numerous dishes; I personally love to serve mine as a side dish with a BBQ.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 minutes
- 300g Frozen broad beans
- ½ Lemon zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10g Mint leaves, finely chopped
- Salt - Cole & Mason Derwent Salt & Pepper Mills
- ½ Bag pea shoots
- 40g Feta
- Cook the broad beans from frozen as per the pack instructions. Rinse and transfer to a bowl of cold water.
- Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Once the broad beans have cooled, pop the beans out of their skins. Mix the beans with the lemon mixture, fresh mint and season well with salt.
- Add a layer of pea shoots to a serving bowl, top with the broad bean mixture and crumble feta to serve.
- Peas work just as well well if you can’t find broad beans and/or prefer peas.
- Buffalo mozzarella is great alternative for feta.