Gluten Free Slow Cooker Chicken & Butternut Squash Stew
Our guest blogger and Katrina Lander @fitnessfodmap_ guest edits this blog post for Cole & Mason UK.
Who doesn’t love a hearty warming dish on a cold winter's night? The slow cooker becomes my best friend when the cold days hit. The fact they can be left on throughout the day means when you get home, you have a delicious meal waiting - this must be one of the best things about using the slow cooker!
This dish is full of flavour and super versatile, you can easily play around with the veggies and chuck in any that are soon going out of date, which makes it one of my favourite dishes to make.
Kitchen tools needed: Cole & Mason Saunderton Spice Storage Shaker
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 8 hours
- 6 x Chicken thigh fillets
- 1 x Butternut squash cut into chunks with skin left on
- 1 x Courgette thickly sliced
- 40g Diced chorizo
- 2 Tsp paprika - Cole & Mason Saunderton Spice Storage Shaker
- ½ Tsp chilli flakes Cole & Mason Saunderton Spice Storage Shaker
- ½ Tsp ground cumin Cole & Mason Saunderton Spice Storage Shaker
- 2 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 x Gluten free chicken stock cube made up to 250ml
- 1 Can baby plum tomatoes
- 1 Heaped tbsp mixed olives
- Add all your ingredients to your slow cooker and stir well, set to a low heat and leave for 8 hours
- 30 minutes before serving, mix 2 tablespoons of cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water, once fully combined add to your slow cooker to thicken your stew.
- Serve with some thick cut gluten free bread and enjoy!
If you have an open bottle of white wine, to make up your stock cube use 125ml water and 125ml white wine.