By Katrina Lander
Refreshing, zingy and sweet, the perfect summer sorbet which contains only 4 ingredients.
I recommend serving it by itself, in a cone, or in between courses as a palate cleanser (a great way to impress your guests at a dinner party).
August 8, 2023
Prep: 15 mins, plus freezing time
- 300ml water
- 170g granulated sugar
- 10g fresh mint, leaves only
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Over a medium high heat, place the sugar and water in a small pan and gently simmer, continue to stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Chop your fresh mint finely, mix all ingredients together, pour into a plastic or metal container and freeze for two hours. After two hours mix with a whisk or fork.
- Continue to mix the sorbet every half hour for 4 hours, once frozen serve as desired.
- It’s important to stir your sorbet every half hour to break up the ice crystals.