By Sandhya Hariharan
To make these mouth-watering chips, you can start with frozen oven chips for convenience. Simply oven bake or air fry the chips until they are golden and crispy. Once they're done, add them to the pan with crunchy onion, peppers and seasoning. Toss and serve.
The beauty of salt and pepper chips lies in their simplicity and speed. With a total cooking time of under 25 minutes, you can have a delicious, homemade salt and pepper chips ready in no time. So why wait for your next takeaway craving? Whip up a batch of these irresistible salt and pepper chips in the comfort of your own kitchen and enjoy the perfect snack or side dish.
Prep time - 5 minutes
Cook time - 25 minutes
- 450g oven chips
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 spring onions, cut into thick baton
- 1 white onion, chopped into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 red chilli, cut into discs
- 1 green chilli, cut into discs
- Cook the oven chips according to the packet instructions. When the chips are cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the white onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the spring onions, red and yellow peppers, Chinese five spice powder, salt, and black pepper to the pan. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chips to the frying pan with the onion and peppers. Toss everything together to combine and cook for 1 minute, allowing the flavours to meld.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
- Transfer the salt and pepper chips to a serving dish and serve immediately.