April 25, 2022
Vegetarian Spinach and Rocket Pizzette by Sofia Gallo
What a better way to celebrate warmer weather having a picnic in the park or why not in your back garden! The following recipe for small 4 Pizzette is speedy AND doesn’t require to prove overnight. I have used three different types of flour, but if these are not available you can use the same strong white flour for the total weight. The dough can be prepared by either using a stand up mixer or by hand, whichever is easier for you.
Prep 10 min + proving
Cook 30 min
Difficulty - Mid
For the pizza dough
- 135g strong Canadian flour
- 25g fine semolina
- 25g 00 flour
- 4g easy bake or fast action dry yeast
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 130ml of warm water
For the topping
- 1 burrata
- Handful of spinach – lightly blanched
- Handful of wild rocket
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 50g or grated mozzarella or preferred cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste – freshly ground from your Cole & Mason mill
- For the pizza dough, combine your dry ingredients, but the salt in a bowl or one of a stand-up mixer. Once fully incorporated your yeast, gradually add your water and mix using a wooden spoon, or a dough hook. When all dry ingredients have been incorporated, add your salt and combine fully.
- If you're making the dough by hand, place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until this is smooth and stretchy before letting it rest. If using a mixer, skip this step.
- Once your dough is kneaded, divide in 4 smaller parts, shape into balls and let this rest and rise until double in size. The time may vary depending on the weather, it may take 1 or 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare your toppings. Place the burrata in a bowl and whip this using a fork, to release the gorgeous creamy filling. Blanch your spinach by covering them with freshly boiled water, for about 2 minutes. This will also prevent from burning in the oven.
- Pre-heat your oven on at 240° C / Gas Mark 9 and place a pizza stone to heat. If you don’t have this, an oven tray will be perfect.
- Roll your pizza doughballs in about 15 cm rounds and spread some of the burrata, spinach and top with grated mozzarella.
- Drizzle some olive oil and bake 2 at the time for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Before serving, grind sea salt and black pepper, top with fresh wild rocket and enjoy with your favourite drink.